See what we can do in our workshop
At Jillings' premises in Powys we have workshops specifically for clock and barometer repair and restoration work.
Further to these workshops, we have a small showroom where we exhibit some of our own restored stock of clocks and barometers.
Visitors are always welcome.
Clock movement overhaul
All movements are stripped down to component level and all parts cleaned and polished where necessary.
- Pivots are reshaped and polished
- Pallets are refaced when necessary
- Arbors can be re-pivoted
- Wheel teeth repaired
- Wheels and pinions recut when needed
- Pivot holes are re-bushed
- Poor past repairs are put right
- Mainsprings are replaced when necessary
- Missing calendar and moon phase work can be reinstated
- New lines are fitted to fusee and weight driven movements
We strip down mercury barometers and clean and refill the mercury tubes or fit new tubes when necessary. On wheel barometers, we attend to the pulley system and threads etc. Other barometer work includes repair and restoration of hygrometers, thermometers, levels and their bezels and glasses and of course restoration of all the dials (including re-silvering).
We can also repair or replace aneroid movements. Barographs are also a speciality and as well as completed restoration, we can supply paper, nibs and ink. The clock movements are overhauled in the clock making workshops.
All barometers are tested and calibrated.